The northern part of Poland is washed by the Baltic Sea. See toppharmacyschools for geography, climate and cuisine in Poland.
The sea coast of Poland is the longest in Europe. The coastline is sandy, the beaches here alternate with high cliffs. The best beach areas are in the cities of Kolobrzeg, Swinoujscie, Leba, Ustka, Sopot and Krynica Morska.
Poland is a real find for outdoor enthusiasts. Coastal waters are an excellent place for windsurfing and diving. Fishing enthusiasts can sit with a fishing rod on the seashore, or go for a catch by boat. On Lake Necko in Augustów, a special ropeway was built for water skiing.
The best time to visit Poland is from May to September. The warmest days are in September and October.
There are dozens of balneological resorts in the country. The proximity of the Baltic Sea and special climatic conditions have a healing effect on vacationers. Own mineral springs and therapeutic mud, air saturated with iodine, have a beneficial effect on the condition of the human respiratory tract. Mud is used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system and the cardiovascular system.
The best health resorts in Poland are located in the cities of Busko-Zdrój, Kołobrzeg, Krynica Gorska, Lendek-Zdroj, Polchin-Zdrój, Rabka, Dushniki-Zdrój, Kudowa-Zdrój, Polanica-Zdrój, Ustron, Cieplice, Ciechocinek, Slenske-Zdrój, Swinoujscie.
Family and children’s rest
It will be interesting in Poland for couples with children. While relaxing in Krakow, be sure to visit the local Aquapark – this is the largest water entertainment center in Europe. One of its slides is 201 meters long and 18.5 meters high. Also in the water park you will find fountains, hot tubs, geysers and jacuzzis, 2 alpine walls and a river pool. Here you can visit the fitness club or gym, trim your tan in the solarium, sit in the sauna, or taste Polish cuisine in a cafe or restaurant.
Ski resorts of the country are famous for their interesting slopes and mountain slopes. So, Zakopane is considered the winter capital of Poland. About 60 km of trails of varying difficulty are equipped on its territory. No less popular resorts are Karpacz, Zelenets, Shchyrk. In the summer season, trekking trails are open.
Poland is a real treasure trove of all kinds of attractions, especially richly represented in the ancient Polish cities – Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Lodz and others.
In addition, while relaxing in Poland, be sure to visit:
- Salt mines of Wieliczka. This is a real seven-story underground city. During the tour, you explore three levels decorated with salt sculptures, galleries and even lakes. It has its own banquet halls located at a depth of 100 meters.
- Medieval Torun. There are several hundred Gothic buildings in the city. The most famous is the house that became the birthplace of the astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus.
- Crusader castle in Malbork. This building is more than 700 years old, today a museum operates under its roof.
- The city-fortress of Zamość, designed by the Italian Morando. The city is a complex of architectural structures from the time of King Stefan Batory.
- Auschwitz-Brzezinka (Auschwitz-Birkenau). This city has the largest number of German concentration camps in Poland. It was decided to leave them intact as a reminder to posterity of the cruelty of wartime.
- Belovezhsky national reserve. A forest area located on the territory of two states at once – Polandand Belarus. The bison lives here – the largest animal in Europe.