The coastline of India is indented by rivers and natural bays. There are all conditions for a comfortable beach holiday. The most popular resorts are located in the southern part of India, where it is always warm and sunny. All beaches in India are free, but among them there are areas owned by hotels.
The most popular beach resort in India is Goa, both respectable businessmen (South Goa) and advanced youth (North Goa) will find a place to relax here. Also, a comfortable beach holiday awaits you in Kerala, Mumbai, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. See toppharmacyschools for geography, climate and cuisine in India.
India offers ample opportunities for outdoor activities. Here are popular:
- Diving. Good conditions for scuba diving are provided by the resorts of Goa, Kerala, Mumbai, the islands of Bogmalo, Pigeon and St. George, Agati, about. Grand, oh Pidgeon, oh Netrani. The richness of the underwater world (lobsters, stingrays, barracudas), as well as the opportunity to explore sunken merchant ships and military galleons off the coast, attracts India divers from all over the world.
- You can try windsurfing, snorkeling (snorkelling), parasailing (parasailing behind a boat), kayaking and yachting in the resorts of South Goa (Dona Paula, Palolem), North Goa (Sinquerim) and Kerala ( Kovalam).
- Hang gliding. The stable climate in cities such as Delhi and Mumbai creates good conditions for hang gliding. The constancy of the air currents makes the risk of falling minimal.
- You can go on camel safaris in Bikaner, Jaipur and Jaisalmer.
- Rafting. In India, mountain rafting on the rivers Indus, Bison and Zanskar is popular among tourists.
Climbing, snowboarding and downhill skiing can all be found in India. You can ride a cable car, conquer the mountain peak of the Himalayas and take part in downhill skiing from a steep slope in the resort of Auli and in other high-mountainous cities of India.
Youth recreation and entertainment
Relax on the beach during the day, and at night you can visit a night disco, club or bar in almost any resort in South Goa. The national carnival of India is also held here. Fans of religious festivals are waiting in Ladakh, where everyone can join in the fun.
The main health resorts in India are:
- Kerala is the center of the art of Ayurveda. The basic principle of Ayurvedic massage is aimed at restoring energy connections between all organs of your body.
- Goa. Wellness centers in Goa use the basic principles of Ayurveda in combination with aromatherapy in treatment.
- Shimla city, Himalayas. Wellness centers are located in beautiful, picturesque places, designed mainly for wealthy people.
- The city of Udaipur, Rajasthan is famous for its spa centers that apply the methods of Ayurveda.
- Wellness facilities in Delhi – ancient science is combined with modern medical achievements in the field of treatment and rejuvenation.
- Agra – the centers use unique healing methods that were previously available only to members of royal families.
There are many cultural attractions in India. The most significant of them are:
- Red Fort. This is one of the most beautiful places in India, the former residence of Shah Jahan. It was here that the flag of independent India was first raised.
- Khajuraho is the largest temple complex in India.
- The lotus temple has an original architecture. Outwardly, the temple resembles a lotus flower.
- Kaziranga National Park, its area is 668 km². The park is famous for its magnificent pastures for elephants and the largest population of one-horned rhinoceros in India. In 1985, by decision of UNESCO, the park was included in the World Heritage List.
- Cave temples of Ellora, Maharashta. The complex includes 34 caves, half of which represent religions such as Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.
- The ghost town of Fatihpur Sikri. This former capital of Akbar was deserted due to lack of water. The city has preserved such sights as the Great Gate fortress, the imperial mosque, palaces, baths and the mint.