Niagara University Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Niagara University was founded in 1856 by the Vincentian Fathers, a religious order of Catholic priests and brothers. The university was initially located in Niagara Falls, New York. In the early years of its existence, the university was dedicated to providing a quality education for those who could not otherwise afford it. Its first president was Rev. John Timon, who served from 1856 to 1875. During this time, the university focused on providing courses in philosophy and theology as well as liberal arts courses such as English, history, and mathematics.

In the early 1900s, Niagara University began to expand its curriculum to include more professional fields such as business and law. In addition to offering more courses related to these fields of study, Niagara also began offering courses related to social sciences such as sociology and psychology. This period of growth also saw the creation of new student organizations such as fraternities and sororities which provided students with activities outside of academics. By the mid-1900s, Niagara had become one of the leading universities in New York State and began offering degree programs outside of its traditional core disciplines. In recent years, Niagara has continued to expand its academic offerings while maintaining its commitment to providing an education that is accessible for all students regardless of their financial situation or background. Check Educationvv for business education in Washington.

Niagara University, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of Niagara University. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about Niagara University, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

University acronym:

Admissions Stats

Niagara University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 2,902 students. Of these, 2,420 are full-time and 482 are part-time students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 13 to 1. About 88% of the students come from within New York State and the remaining 12% come from outside the state or country. The university also has a total of 517 international students enrolled for the fall 2020 semester, representing about 18% of the total student population. The average GPA for incoming freshmen is 3.2 with an average SAT score of 1110 and an average ACT score of 22. Niagara University also offers a wide range of majors, including accounting, business administration, computer science, education and health sciences. In addition to traditional degree programs, Niagara University also offers online courses and certificates in various disciplines such as business management and information technology.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 76%
Early decision acceptance rate N/A
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 76%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 3,068
Female applicants 1,835
Male applicants 1,233
Applicants accepted 2,341
Female applicants accepted 1,400
Male applicants accepted 941
Freshman enrollment 672
Female freshman enrollment 380
Male freshman enrollment 292
Early decision applicants N/A
Early decision applicants accepted N/A
Early decision applicants enrolled N/A
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action N/A

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list No
Applicants placed on wait list N/A
Students accepting place on wait list N/A
Students accepted from wait list N/A

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 99%
Average high school GPA 3.3
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range 2.8-3.6

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 93%
SAT Critical Reading average score 506
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 490-580
SAT Math average score 521
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 470-570
SAT Writing average score N/A
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range N/A
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores 43%
Average ACT Composite score 22
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range 20-25
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range N/A