Micronesia Entry Requirements

Micronesia Entry Requirements

Passport and visa regulations


Passport required visa required Return ticket required
Germany Yes No/1 Yes
Austria Yes No/1 Yes
Switzerland Yes No/1 Yes
Other EU countries Yes No/1 Yes
Turkey Yes No/1 Yes

Passport information

Generally required, must be valid for at least 6 months after departure.

Visa information

[1] Tourists and visitors of all nationalities who do not have an entry permit (Entry Permit) can enter without a visa for up to 30 days. This requires the completed “FSM Immigration Arrival and Departure Record” form, return or onward travel tickets and, if necessary, sufficient funds for your stay in Micronesia. German, Austrian and Swiss citizens as well as nationals of all other Schengen countries can stay in the Federated States of Micronesia for a maximum of 90 days within a period of 180 days for tourism and business visits (not gainful employment) without a visa.

  • Medicinelearners: Offers ultimate guide to duty-free shopping in Micronesia. Also includes import and export regulations, as well as embassy and telecommunication information about this country.

Visa types and costs

entry permit.


If the stay is to last more than 90 days from the outset, the necessary entry permit must be obtained before departure. Entry Permit: Embassy of the Federated States of Micronesia, 1725 North Street NW, Washington DC 20036/USA Tel. (202) 223 43 83 (www.fsmembassydc.org).

Proof of sufficient funds

All travelers must have sufficient financial resources for the duration of the stay.

Entry with children

German: Machine-readable children’s passport or your own passport. Austrians: Own passport. Swiss: Own passport. Turks: Own passport. Note: The same visa requirements apply to children as to their parents. If minors are traveling alone, they must have a notarized declaration of consent from their parents/guardians translated into or written in English. If traveling with only one parent/guardian, the consent form of the other parent/guardian should be obtained. Since June 27, 2012, children need their own travel document (passport / children’s passport) for trips abroad (also within the EU).

Micronesia Entry Requirements