Lawrence University Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Lawrence University was founded in 1847 as a college preparatory school by Amos Adams Lawrence and the citizens of Appleton, Wisconsin. It was the first college to be established in the state of Wisconsin and one of the earliest colleges in the Midwest. The original school had just six professors and two dozen students, but by 1851 it had grown to include a faculty of fifteen and an enrollment of over one hundred. Over the next century, Lawrence grew steadily, adding new departments and programs such as music, engineering, law, medicine, and business. Today Lawrence is a thriving liberal arts college with over 2000 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. Lawrence has maintained its commitment to high academic standards throughout its history; it is consistently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the country. The university also takes pride in its strong emphasis on research; Lawrence professors have made major contributions to science, art, literature, history, economics, philosophy and other fields. In addition to its rich academic tradition, Lawrence also offers students a wide range of extracurricular activities including music groups such as orchestra and jazz bands; theatre productions; student publications; athletic teams; clubs like Mock Trial or Model United Nations; and service projects. All these activities provide students with an opportunity to explore their interests outside of class while developing their leadership skills. See topschoolsintheusa for pharmacy schools in Nebraska.

Lawrence University, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of Lawrence University. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about Lawrence University, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

University acronym:

Admissions Stats

Lawrence University is a highly selective institution with an acceptance rate of around 33%. The university has a total enrollment of around 1,500 students, and the student to faculty ratio is 12:1. About 70% of the student body are undergraduates, while the other 30% are graduate students. The freshman class is comprised of approximately 400 students each year, and approximately 95% of those students attend full-time. The university has an average ACT score of 28 and an average SAT score of 1290. Additionally, the majority of incoming freshmen have a high school GPA above 3.5. Lawrence University also offers several merit scholarships and grants to incoming freshmen based on academic excellence or financial need. Furthermore, Lawrence University boasts a diverse student body with over 45 countries represented in its student population.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity more selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 66%
Early decision acceptance rate 95%
Early action acceptance rate 93%
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 53%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 2,625
Female applicants 1,405
Male applicants 1,220
Applicants accepted 1,739
Female applicants accepted 947
Male applicants accepted 792
Freshman enrollment 452
Female freshman enrollment 238
Male freshman enrollment 214
Early decision applicants 43
Early decision applicants accepted 41
Early decision applicants enrolled 41
Early action applicants 817
Early action applicants accepted 763
Early action applicants enrolled 168
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action 46%

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list Yes
Applicants placed on wait list 278
Students accepting place on wait list 85
Students accepted from wait list 5

Fall 2022 High School Rank

Freshman students submitting high school class standing 53%

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 89%
Average high school GPA 3.7
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range 3.4-4

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 32%
SAT Critical Reading average score 638
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 580-710
SAT Math average score 646
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 590-700
SAT Writing average score 628
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range 580-680
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range 8-9

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores 59%
Average ACT Composite score 29
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range 27-31
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range 27-33
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range 26-31