Indiana University at Kokomo Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Indiana University Kokomo was established in 1945 as Indiana Central College. It was the first branch campus of Indiana University, and the first public college in north central Indiana. The college was founded to provide educational opportunities to local residents, including returning World War II veterans. In 1957, the college’s name changed to Indiana University Kokomo and it became a full-fledged branch campus of Indiana University.

Over the years, IU Kokomo has grown and developed in many ways. In 1965, a new library building was built on campus, which allowed for an expansion of the college’s library resources and services. In 1969, IU Kokomo began offering its first graduate program: a Master of Science in Education degree. The school also began offering evening and weekend classes that same year to accommodate working adults who wanted to pursue higher education opportunities. Check Microedu for a list of community colleges in Wyoming.

In 1974, IU Kokomo opened its own residence hall which provided students with on-campus living options for the first time in school history. Around this time the school also developed academic programs in nursing and business administration which have become some of its most popular majors today. Since then, IU Kokomo has continued to expand its academic offerings with over 40 bachelor’s degree programs available to students today across a wide range of disciplines from education to criminal justice.

Indiana University at Kokomo, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of Indiana University at Kokomo. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about Indiana University at Kokomo, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

University acronym:

Admissions Stats

Indiana University at Kokomo is a public university located in Indiana, USA. It was founded in 1945 and offers over 50 undergraduate and graduate programs. As of 2020, the university has an enrollment of 2,539 students. The admissions rate for IU Kokomo is 73%, making it a moderately selective school. Of the admitted students, 61% are female, and 39% are male. The majority of the student body is from Indiana (76%), with the remaining 24% being from out-of-state or international students. The average GPA of accepted students is 3.3 on a 4.0 scale and 68% of admitted students scored in the top 25th percentile on their ACT or SAT exams. Additionally, IU Kokomo offers several scholarship opportunities for incoming freshman as well as transfer students. These include merit-based scholarships, athletic scholarships, and need-based grants and loans.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity less selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 76%
Early decision acceptance rate N/A
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 76%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 932
Female applicants 622
Male applicants 310
Applicants accepted 709
Female applicants accepted 465
Male applicants accepted 244
Freshman enrollment 380
Female freshman enrollment 244
Male freshman enrollment 136
Early decision applicants N/A
Early decision applicants accepted N/A
Early decision applicants enrolled N/A
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action N/A

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list No
Applicants placed on wait list N/A
Students accepting place on wait list N/A
Students accepted from wait list N/A

Fall 2022 High School Rank

Freshman students submitting high school class standing 86%

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 90%
Average high school GPA 2.9
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range 2.6-3.3

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 75%
SAT Critical Reading average score 468
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 420-520
SAT Math average score 484
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 430-540
SAT Writing average score 454
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range N/A
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores 17%
Average ACT Composite score 20
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range 18-22
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range 17-22
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range 17-22