Dordt College Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Dordt College was founded in 1955 by a group of Christian Reformed Church members. Located in Sioux Center, Iowa, the college was established to provide a Christian education to its students. The college is named after the Synod of Dordrecht, which is the oldest continuing Reformed Synod in the world. Dordt College was initially a junior college, offering only two-year associate degree programs. However, in 1961, it began offering four-year baccalaureate degree programs and changed its name from Dordt Junior College to Dordt College. In recent years, Dordt has grown to become one of the largest private colleges in Iowa with over 1,400 students enrolled each year. In addition to its traditional undergraduate programs, Dordt also offers graduate degrees as well as online degree completion and certificate programs. The college is committed to providing a Christ-centered education that equips students with an excellent academic foundation and encourages them to develop their faith and character. With a mission statement that focuses on “equipping students for service through excellence in Christ-centered higher education”, Dordt College continues to be an important part of the Christian community throughout Iowa and beyond.

Dordt College, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of Dordt College. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about Dordt College, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

  • IAMACCEPTED: Provides a list of all colleges and universities in New Hampshire, including all two year, four year, private and public schools of state New Hampshire.

University acronym:

Admissions Stats

Dordt College is a private, Christian college located in Sioux Center, Iowa. The college was founded in 1955 and currently enrolls about 1,500 students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1, allowing for small class sizes and personalized instruction from professors. The school offers over 70 majors and minors, as well as numerous certificate programs.

Dordt College has a selective admissions process with an acceptance rate of 90%. Out of the 1,500 students enrolled at the college, about 39% are male and 61% are female. The majority of students identify as white (91%), with Asian (4%), Hispanic/Latino (2%), Black/African American (1%), and other ethnicities making up the remaining 2%. About 71% of students come from Iowa while the remaining 29% come from other states or countries. Additionally, nearly 80% of students live on campus in one of the seven residence halls on campus. Finally, Dordt College has an average ACT score range of 24-29 and an average SAT score range of 1150-1350 for admitted freshmen.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 84%
Early decision acceptance rate N/A
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 84%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 1,111
Female applicants 533
Male applicants 578
Applicants accepted 933
Female applicants accepted 448
Male applicants accepted 485
Freshman enrollment 368
Female freshman enrollment 177
Male freshman enrollment 191
Early decision applicants N/A
Early decision applicants accepted N/A
Early decision applicants enrolled N/A
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action N/A

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list No
Applicants placed on wait list N/A
Students accepting place on wait list N/A
Students accepted from wait list N/A

Fall 2022 High School Rank

Freshman students submitting high school class standing 90%

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 100%
Average high school GPA 3.5
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range 3.2-3.9

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 21%
SAT Critical Reading average score 580
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 470-630
SAT Math average score 620
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 490-630
SAT Writing average score 520
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range 470-620
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores 89%
Average ACT Composite score 24
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range 21-28
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range 21-28
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range 20-27