CUNY at Queens College Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Founded in 1937, Queens College of the City University of New York (CUNY) is a public college in Flushing, Queens, New York. The college is part of the CUNY system and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. The college has seen a steady growth in enrollment over the years and today enrolls more than 20,000 students each year.

Queens College was established by an act of the New York State Legislature on April 30th, 1937. Primarily intended to serve the growing population in Queens and to relieve overcrowding at other CUNY schools, the college opened its doors for classes on October 1st with an enrollment of 1,800 students. Over time, Queens College has grown to encompass seven schools offering more than 100 degree programs ranging from Bachelor’s to Doctoral degrees. In addition to academic offerings, Queens College also provides a wide range of student services such as health care clinics and counseling services. The campus also features a variety of cultural events such as concerts, lectures and art exhibitions throughout the year. With its vibrant student body from all over the world, Queens College is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its educational environment while providing students with an outstanding education that prepares them for successful careers in their chosen fields. Check polyhobbies for more universities.

CUNY at Queens College, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of CUNY at Queens College. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about CUNY at Queens College, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

  • TopPharmacySchools: Offers a full list of best schools of psychology in New Mexico, covering all counties of New Mexico state.

Admissions Stats

In the fall of 2019, CUNY at Queens College enrolled a total of 17,266 students – 11,838 undergraduates and 5,428 graduate students. The average GPA of incoming freshmen was 3.48, while the middle 50% range was 3.17-3.80. A total of 4,937 applicants were accepted to the college with an acceptance rate of 28%. Of those accepted students, 57% were female and 43% male. The majority of accepted applicants were from New York State (83%) with the remaining 17% coming from other states and countries around the world. Additionally, 14% of those admitted to CUNY at Queens College identified as Hispanic/Latino and 23% identified as Asian/Pacific Islander. The student population is also diverse in terms of socio-economic status with 42% receiving Pell Grants and 35% receiving merit scholarships or other grants/scholarships.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 30%
Early decision acceptance rate N/A
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 30%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 18,453
Female applicants 10,140
Male applicants 8,313
Applicants accepted 5,572
Female applicants accepted 3,078
Male applicants accepted 2,494
Freshman enrollment 1,491
Female freshman enrollment 833
Male freshman enrollment 658
Early decision applicants N/A
Early decision applicants accepted N/A
Early decision applicants enrolled N/A
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action N/A

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list No
Applicants placed on wait list N/A
Students accepting place on wait list N/A
Students accepted from wait list N/A

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 99%
Average high school GPA 3.6
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 97%
SAT Critical Reading average score 540
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 490-590
SAT Math average score 574
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 530-610
SAT Writing average score N/A
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range 490-550
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores N/A
Average ACT Composite score N/A
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT Composite score breakdown N/A
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT English score breakdown N/A
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT Math score breakdown N/A