College of New Jersey Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

The College of New Jersey was founded in 1746 as the College of New Jersey, making it the eighth oldest college in the United States. It was originally located in Elizabeth, New Jersey, but moved to its current location in Princeton in 1756. The college was originally chartered by King George II of England and sought to provide an education for young men who were preparing to enter the ministry. In 1772, the college’s first president, John Witherspoon, was appointed and he implemented a liberal arts curriculum which included courses in religion and philosophy. During this period, the college saw a great amount of growth and expansion as student enrollment increased and new buildings were constructed on campus. By 1812, the college had become a university with six schools offering courses ranging from mathematics and physics to law and medicine. Throughout its history, the College of New Jersey has remained dedicated to providing an education that is both academically rigorous and spiritually enriching. Today, students from around the world come to study at this prestigious institution with a rich history steeped in tradition.

College of New Jersey, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of College of New Jersey. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about College of New Jersey, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

  • ANYCOUNTYPRIVATESCHOOLS: Provides a list of all top-ranked business and management schools in Idaho, including MBA, DBA and BBA programs of state Idaho.

University acronym:

Admissions Stats

The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) is an incredibly competitive school, with an acceptance rate of just 56%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1360 and the average ACT score for admitted students is 30. In the most recent admissions cycle, TCNJ received over 15,000 applications and accepted just 8,400. Of those admitted, 42% were in the top 10% of their high school class and 78% were in the top 25%. Additionally, 38% of admitted students are from out-of-state. The student body at TCNJ is highly diverse, with only 43% of enrolled students coming from New Jersey. The remaining 57% come from all over the United States and abroad. Students can choose from more than 50 undergraduate majors and many pre-professional programs as well as a variety of graduate programs. There are also a number of student organizations on campus to get involved in such as Greek life, honor societies, athletics teams and more.

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity more selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 47%
Early decision acceptance rate 57%
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 47%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 9,956
Female applicants 5,676
Male applicants 4,280
Applicants accepted 4,708
Female applicants accepted 2,666
Male applicants accepted 2,042
Freshman enrollment 1,421
Female freshman enrollment 800
Male freshman enrollment 621
Early decision applicants 609
Early decision applicants accepted 348
Early decision applicants enrolled 334
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action 24%

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list Yes
Applicants placed on wait list 1,336
Students accepting place on wait list 549
Students accepted from wait list 118

Fall 2022 High School Rank

Freshman students submitting high school class standing 71%

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA N/A
Average high school GPA N/A
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range N/A
GPA breakdown N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 96%
SAT Critical Reading average score 610
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 560-670
SAT Math average score 633
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 590-680
SAT Writing average score 616
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range 560-670
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores N/A
Average ACT Composite score N/A
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT Composite score breakdown N/A
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT English score breakdown N/A
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range N/A
ACT Math score breakdown N/A