Alma College Acceptance Rate, Average GPA, SAT and ACT Scores

Alma College was founded in 1886 by a group of Presbyterians led by Reverend J.W. Stewart, who wanted to create a learning institution that would prepare students for life through the study of liberal arts, science and religion. The college first opened its doors with just 25 students and four faculty members, but it quickly grew to become one of Michigan’s premier liberal arts institutions. Over the years, Alma College has seen many changes and expansions while still maintaining its commitment to educating its students in the liberal arts. In 1951, the college moved from its original location in downtown Alma to its current campus on North Street and has continued to grow ever since. The college currently enrolls over 1,500 students each year and offers more than 50 majors in areas such as business, education, engineering, nursing and psychology. Alma College also boasts a thriving athletic program with numerous varsity teams competing at the NCAA Division III level. In addition to its academic offerings, Alma College is home to a variety of clubs and organizations that allow students to explore their passions while developing leadership skills outside of the classroom. Check topschoolsoflaw for a list of law schools in Missouri.

Alma College, as one of the top colleges ranked by major educational institutions, has impressed us by its high selectivity and student friendly application process during admissions. The following tables detail 2018 class profile, including total applications received, average high school GPA, SAT scores/ACT scores, and acceptance rates of Alma College. To learn more about GPA, SAT and ACT scores information, please follow the links below. If you want to find even more about Alma College, such as tuition fees and scholarships, you can click the link after tables to visit the school’s official website.

  • TopPharmacySchools: Offers a list of different types of graduate schools in California, covering geography location and public holidays of California state.

Admissions Stats

Alma College is a private liberal arts college located in Alma, Michigan. The school has an undergraduate enrollment of 1,400 students, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1. Approximately 70% of students are from Michigan, and the remaining 30% are from other states and countries. The most popular majors offered at Alma College include biology, business administration, history, psychology and communication studies. Admissions to Alma College is highly competitive with an acceptance rate of just 66%. For the fall 2020 semester, the average GPA for accepted applicants was 3.7 on a 4.0 scale. Additionally, the average SAT score for accepted applicants was 1183 (out of 1600) and the average ACT score was 24 (out of 36).

Fall 2022 Selectivity

Selectivity more selective
Fall 2022 acceptance rate 75%
Early decision acceptance rate N/A
Early action acceptance rate N/A
Acceptance rate (excluding early action and early decision students) 75%

Fall 2022 Applications, Acceptances & Enrollments

Applicants 1,745
Female applicants 1,006
Male applicants 739
Applicants accepted 1,312
Female applicants accepted 793
Male applicants accepted 519
Freshman enrollment 362
Female freshman enrollment 214
Male freshman enrollment 148
Early decision applicants N/A
Early decision applicants accepted N/A
Early decision applicants enrolled N/A
Early action applicants N/A
Early action applicants accepted N/A
Early action applicants enrolled N/A
Total enrolled incoming freshmen who were accepted under early acceptance or early action N/A

Fall 2022 Wait List

School has a wait list No
Applicants placed on wait list N/A
Students accepting place on wait list N/A
Students accepted from wait list N/A

Fall 2022 High School Rank

Freshman students submitting high school class standing 81%

Fall 2022 High School GPA

Freshman students submitting high school GPA 99%
Average high school GPA 3.5
High school GPA 25th-75th percentile range 3.3-3.9

Fall 2022 Freshman SAT Scores

Freshman students submitting SAT scores 5%
SAT Critical Reading average score 605
SAT Critical Reading 25th-75th percentile range 540-670
SAT Math average score 590
SAT Math 25th-75th percentile range: 540-640
SAT Writing average score N/A
SAT Writing 25th-75th percentile range 510-640
SAT Essay 25th-75th percentile range N/A

Fall 2022 Freshman ACT Scores

Freshman students submitting ACT scores 98%
Average ACT Composite score 24
ACT Composite 25th-75th percentile range 22-27
ACT English 25th-75th percentile range 21-27
ACT Math 25th-75th percentile range 21-27