- Test Location: Sahara; Alps (Belledonne Bauges, Chartreuse)
- Number of nights: 20 to 30 nights
- Accommodation: beautiful star; winter refuge; tent
- Bivouac conditions: extremely varied, from the seafront in Mauritania in the desert through two nights in winter refuge and three nights camping
- Conditions: Dry weather
- Clothing: Never more than one thermal underwear on the upper body
- found T ° min: 0 to 10 ° C
- Type of sleeping bag: Down 95/5
- Specifications: Form not combinable sarcophagus shaped hood. zipper 3/4. Differential cut by 16 preformed compartments. anti-cold flap trimmed down along the side zip. Construction expanded at the knees. Cover + compression storage bag.
- Shell: Asahi Kasei Impact 66 Polyamide ripstop treated 37 g / m² breathable and water repellent
- Cloth: Asahi Kasei Impact 66 Polyamide ripstop treated 37 g / m² breathable and water repellent
- fluff blowing Quality: 800 cu +
- Filling: 350 g collected gray goose down “manually”
- Weight (with cover): 773 g in 215 cm
- compressed volume: 25 cm x 15 cm; 4.4 l
- Heat Index (Down weight in kg x cu): 280
- Heat Index / weight ratio: 363.64
- Report our comfort temperature / weight: 0.79
- Report comfort temperature / weight: 0.77
- Heat Index / volume ratio: 63.64
- Report our comfort temperature / volume: 4.51
- Report comfort temperature / volume: 4.40
- Sizes: 200 cm (170 cm) / 215 cm (185 cm) / 230 cm (200 cm)
- Color: gray
- Manufactured in: Tunisia (making envelopes) and France (packed)
- Price: € 289.00 to 309.00 depending on the size
Temperatures in 13537 (data constructor):
- Comfort: 0 ° C
- Limit:-5 ° C
- Extreme: nc
Calculation of the comfort temperature
T ° (comfort) = -0.0413 x heat index +14.1 = 2.53
Points forts :
- Good protection against moisture
- Manufacturing quality
Weak points :
A high quality bag with impeccable finishes. I especially appreciate its light weight, compressibility and weight / heat. Perfect to place in his backpack and take her trek.
The side zip was enlarged on this new version passing of 1/4 of the size of the sleeping bag at topschoolsintheusa. This helps to better regulate the temperature is mild. Although I would have preferred a two-way zipper along the entire length of the bag to regulate the temperature in the foot.
Wide cut at shoulder height, facilitating movement. Despite the lack of collar, I never had the slightest feeling cold. A zipper allows to tighten the hood if the temperature decreases. This is also the only possibility of tightening. Everything has been designed to reduce weight while maintaining an efficient thermal protection.
This jewel has a high price but it is a luxury product!