The fly rods are lightweight, effective instruments for one of the most interesting methods of fishing. Fly do you mean “fly”, when translated from English to Portuguese and this is an alternative way of fishing, which accompanies the disposition to practicality and lightness – trend prevalent in the technological field.
There are many types of fly fishing rods in ANDREWFISHING, so you have to choose and know how to use them properly. How about some good tips in this sense?
Pay attention to the numbering
The fly rods are classified by a symbol formed by Tic-Tac-Toe followed by a number (# 2, # 3, # 4 to # 15) as the numbering, increases the resistance and the strength of the rod. Pay attention to the numbering, because from it you can make good choices depending on your purpose.
The bait: fly (fly)
On fly fishing trip often use small insects, light, which meet your function with efficiency. The choice of bait will depend on the type of fish. Place heavier lures in higher numbered sticks. For the lightweight category, use pupae, nymphs and dry flies. For the category average, use streamers and poppers. For the heavy, use streamers, poppers and andinos.
In some fisheries heavy category, use small baits to fish that fight a lot. In the last category, is the use of baits with approximately 30 to 40 cm. The streamers are special, regardless of your size: they are powerful fish imitations. Already the poppers breed fish, Batrachians or rodents.
The best fly rod for the type of fish
The fly rods can be chosen according to the type of fish that you intend to fish. Check out below some suggestions:
- Ultralight category (# 0 and # 1), for the smallest fish;
- Category (# 0 to # 4), for small fish (such as piabas, saicangas, tilapias, lambaris, sardines);
- Category average (# 5 to # 7), for medium sized fish (such as piraputangas, pitubas, pacus, Peacock bass and bream, lesser traíras);
- Heavy category (# 8 to # 10), for big fish: (as Amazon Peacock bass, big, apapás, Golden pointed, cachoras);
- Category superpesada (# 11 to # 13), for violent and strong fish (such as xaréus, tarpons and sernambiquaras);
- Specific category (# 14 and # 15), for special fish (like the fish peas).
Learn about the types of action
The fly rod can have very fast acting, rapid, moderate, slow or very slow. For those just starting out, we recommend the use of moderate action rods that allow the beginner learning how best to deal with the weather. The very fast doesn’t allow the beginner get in sync with the shipment. The very slow, for your time, are recommended for more experienced fishermen, since they require more technical domain and more smoothness.
Consider other aspects
Other aspects can also help you use the fly rod ideal for your fishing trip:
- Take into account the fishing mode;
- Because it is a relatively fragile instrument, the wind can damage it. Therefore, in regions where there is wind intensity, prefer the higher-numbered sticks because they are stronger and resistant;
- A place of dense forest, for example, can cause problems when shooting the fly rod under the treetops (in this case, a minor numbering is more indicated).
- Consider the obstacles that will have to face.
Keep your fly rod always clean using mild detergent and water and take care similar to those taken with other sticks: let it in brackets, upright; don’t let hug the wall; at the time of transport, use appropriate tubes.
And you, it’s the practitioner fly fishing trip? How to use your stick and other paraphernalia? Tell readers their experiences in the spaces below.