You ever notice condensation inside the box of your favorite shows? This may mean that she is more waterproof. In this case, here is a little reminder on the water-resistance of watches.
Water Resistance Of Watches – Notions Of Basic, Standards And Measures To Take
The fact that it is not possible for a watch to be waterproof to 100% should be clear to everyone, especially because of the limited dimensions of the case. Despite this, we can say that there is a very good compromise between size and the etahcheite who are based primarily on the principle of the joints – in the form of plastic or rubber ring, massive crowns screwed with flanks of protection, curved watches water resistant glasses, etc. However, wear parts that are used are disadvantageous with time because they lose their effectiveness and thus produce leaks in the watch that isn’t more airtight. This means that even if your watch is a model of high quality with resistance diving in water up to 200 m or more, it is recommended to have it checked regularly by a watchmaker to avoid nasty surprises.
On the other hand, the measures in question for joints are not effective for rectangular or square, small models or thin. It is difficult to place a rubber in a corner and doesn’t help if the Crown is narrow or offers no protection and breaks or warps is by an involuntary movement. To have a waterproof watch should not be thin and his case should not be angular. On the other hand he must ensure that the watch doesn’t recaoive any blow.
Like so many other things, there is a DIN standard for sealing the nome DIN 8310 which States among other things: “considered waterproof watches must resist perspiration, splashing, rain for example and still against the inclusion of water for 30 minutes to dive to a depth of 1 meter.
Another standard is that «the manufacturer and distributors of waterproof watches must provide instructions with each model…» But waterproof is not always sealed, because there are different degrees of water resistance. That’s why we present you the corresponding table:
|Data from the manufacturer||Designation||Splash||Washing||Water sport||Diving|
|ohne indication||nicht wasserdicht||–||–||–||–|
|3 atm||water resistant||X||–||–||–|
|5 atm||water resistant 50 m||X||X||–||–|
|10 atm||water resistant 100 m||X||X||X||–|
|> 20 atm||water resistant 200 m||X||X||X||X|
Vorsorgliche Measures Get Der Dichtigkeit Zum
- Achten Sie bitte is, dass Krone und Drucker sauber eingerastet bzw.verschraubt sind und Sie unter Wasser Bill sharp breakfast!
- Lassen Sie ihre Uhr will (mind. once Jährlich) auf Dichtigkeit me.
- Draft EIS people Art von Schmutz (zum example Fett oder Staub), denn dieser kann die Dichtigkeit your Uhr negativ traffic.
- Salt water is very bad for your watch, which is why you should rinse your timepiece after swimming or diving in the sea thoroughly with fresh water.
The condensation on the inside of the watch face is formed mainly when your watch in any way is leaking. When a friend of mine what that the case, because he has taken when replacing the battery doesn’t matter to the housing again to close. However, even a slight burst against the clock could allow ingress of water / moist air, for example, when a shock against a pusher or when bending the Crown.
The condensation itself is often caused by (natural) humidity, then can reflected on the inside of the watch, if a penetration was made possible. The condensation is a relatively safe sign no longer guaranteed density of the clock, which is why she should be brought to the watchmaker at the first occurrence of this phenomenon. If you want to create but initially once own hand, perform the following steps:
- Open the clock and let dry in a dry place.Make sure that the place is not only dry but also as free of dust and average (!) Temperatures (approx. 18-21 ° C) and the humidity is not too high.
- If the watch is completely dry (at least 2 days!), look best for the cause of the problem, if so any damage can be seen.Once you’ve found the cause, you fix them if possible – otherwise the is probably essential to the watchmaker.
- Reassemble the timer and verify functionality.This is again, pay attention to the proper and safe sealing of the soil.
- Now you should check the tightness of your watch at the watchmaker, to avoid the procedure in the future.