The development of cranes since the beginning of the new century took a flight. The range for both the kitchen and the bathroom has been particularly large. This is both because of technical innovations that greatly increased interest in the design of home accessories. The result is a variety of types of crane in a growing number of patterns and materials. While driving prices further and further apart. But what do you choose now? Below is more information about cranes, where they have to come and the latest trends.
- Types of cranes
- Ceramic valves
- KIWA mark
- Attachments to save water
- Kitchen faucet
- The faucets in the bathroom
- Choosing a faucet
Types of cranes
Up to what type of a crane is, depends on the manner in which it operated. At the time, the following four types of markets:
This is the good old faucet with two knobs or levers, one for hot water and one for cold. The water can be brought to the right temperature and quantity, in that the user hot and cold mixed together. In a modern kitchen or bathroom faucets, these become less frequent. But they still fit well in rooms that classic, retro, traditional or rustic furnished.
Crane has a single button or lever operation. Inside there are two quite different options.
- The very simple press with only a dial, which is provided exclusively only cold or hot water, either. This type of crane is a way to get even with a push button that determines the amount of water, but this is mainly used in public sinks.
- A faucet with a lever that you can mix hot and cold water. You put this valve with a single movement of the hand in the correct position for the desired temperature and amount of water. The expression ééngreepskranen generally refers specifically to these taps.
With daily use ééngreepskranen be useful than the mixer. Therefore, they are to shift. It is both in the kitchen and in the bathroom case.
When ééngreepskranen, it is important that the angle at which the lever is turned from cold to hot is not too small. In a small swivel range of the transition from cold to warm water is moving very fast. This allows particularly those with limited motor skills, such as children and the elderly, easily burn. The greater the angle of the handle, quieter and more accurate you can set the desired temperature and quantity.
The problem here is that with long handles to get the greatest accuracy, but they are susceptible to damage. Short levers are less accurate, but much stronger. Perhaps the golden mean the best solution, but you have to decide for your own situation.
These cranes have a built-in thermostat allows you to set the temperature of the water at a certain number of degrees. There are two knobs, one for temperature and one for the amount of water. It is particularly suitable for use in the shower and bath.
There is also a stop on the thermostatic valve ensures that you not only can turn it to a high temperature. Therefore it is safe for children. A good thermostatic valve sets the temperature when it goes down, for example, that someone picks up elsewhere in the house hot water.
Electronic or sensor-controlled taps
A fairly new discovery which is rapidly gaining popularity is the electronic kitchen mixer that can be operated by means of a sensor. The sensor, which is attached to the crane, reacts to body heat and therefore need not be touched. So you can seamlessly deal with both water if your hands are dirty.
Especially cranes used in a sink or basin will benefit from a so-called outlet. This means that the crane completely or partially rotate laterally. So you can sink or laundry rinse better if you press the crane sideways as he is in the way. There are cranes with a range of from 120° to 360°. But the latter is particularly suitable for use on a kitchen island. For a crane situated on a turning radius of 180° ideals against the wall.
There are different materials where taps are made of such amazing things oil rubbed bronze? Or brushed nickel, but also more known materials such as stainless steel, copper or bronze plain. However, most faucets made of the two materials below:
- Messing. The usual house-garden-and-kitchen faucet is made of brass and then coated with a protective layer nikkel. Ter end it is gold plated, silver-plated or nickel-plated.
- Chrome. The most common, more luxurious and expensive crane is made of chromium. These may be plated or nickel plated. But the most popular is the tap of high-gloss chrome, which shines very beautiful.
Coatings to end
In recent years more and more coatings available to the end of the tap. The purpose may be:
- To provide a slicker crane design. So is the Italian model worked increasingly with elements of plastic on the mixer body gives a playful effect.
- To improve quality. The so-called Ti-PVD coating, for example, makes a crane scratch-resistant and fade-resistant, making it a nice appearance, even with frequent use.
Problems with water taps and dripping taps are gone forever. Practically all the cranes today have a ceramic lining. This is less prone to scaling and hence the wear.
Cranes are now available in all conceivable design. So you can choose any design kitchen or bathroom a matching crane, from ultra modern to downright antique faucets and everything in between.
Based on the available models can be said that the playful, yet very elegant wreath at the moment is very modern.
Do you want to be sure that you buy a good tap, you can pay attention to the label that has been issued by KIWA. A crane with this label are not only reliable, but also does not contain any toxic substances. There is also a special KIWA fuel economy label for saving faucets. In such taps a button or lever is really completely open before the water is maximum. This can save seven liters of water per minute.
Attachments to save water
Today there are several accessories on the market that can help to save water. For all these couplings is that they partially hinder the water flow, but in such a way that the water jet is still strong. This applies to the following items:
- A piece of foam jet aerator. This is mounted in the crane and mixing the water with air.
- A magnetic nozzle. It is located on the tap. It reduces the water flow also with so 50% while preventing limescale.
- A flow valve. It is mounted on the crane. He restricts the flow of water and can provide savings of up to 50% of tap water. It is particularly suitable for taps in sinks or on the toilet.
When choosing a suitable kitchen faucet to play a role in a number of specific cases. In general, at least to a kitchen faucet high must end above the sink, otherwise there is not enough space left to rinse or pans to wash vegetables.
A kitchen faucet can be installed in various ways. This can affect the models that you can choose. The places where you can place the tap:
- On the countertop. This is the most common option. The crane can then be left, right, or to be placed in the middle of the sink. Links are easy for left-handed people, the right to the right. But with double sinks, there is no choice but to make use of in the middle.
- On the sink itself. The sink and drainer must then have a tap hole.
- In the splash wall above the sink. This requires a model is required to which the tap body is suitable for such mounting.
you have a low-pressure boiler for the supply of hot water, so you have your own crane needed with three connecting pipes. This depends on the type of boiler otherwise inevitable drops of water from the gooseneck.
There are lots of additional features that you can choose when you go uitzoeken. Het a kitchen faucet These include the following features:
- A so-called waste. It is a lever that allows you to close the distance run. When you no longer need to fidget with your hands to the floor drain.
- A soap container integrated in the valve housing. It saves messing around on the counter and is more hygienic.
- A pull-out faucet with a hose. With this valve, you can reduce the top, and you look like a sink or shower, you can wash things. Note that this crane has no shower head.
- Point the shower head or scanner head. These can also drag a snake, but by turning a knob or sliding tap, a shower. There, you better bring rinsing.
- Cranes with integrated LED lighting. A crane that gives light, it today! These cranes are LEDs built in that give colored light. Often, the crane also give several bright colors, which makes it particularly affect futuristic.
The faucets in the bathroom
In the bathroom, people usually have one or two taps in the sink and the faucet in the tub and/or shower.
Taps for the washbasins do not need to be as high as for a sink. They often remain smaller in size. But here is a ééngreepskraan comfortable than a mixer.
Mixers for bath or shower
For the bath or shower is the same special cranes available. After this you can drag up one button or the conversion of a gear lever of the valve to the water supply to the shower hose, and vice versa. The thermostatic valve is also specially designed for shower and bath and the most ideal when it comes to establishing and maintaining the desired temperature. Finally, it is nowhere as important as in the shower or bath.
However, there are also plenty of other enthusiasts for the bath or shower faucets available. Often ééngreepskranen. The handle is slightly greater than in other valves and the angle is expanded. Remember that when it comes to a shower faucet that you absolutely cannot use a tight turning radius. Otherwise, you are always under a hot or cold shower.
Choosing a faucet
The price of a new crane can reach reasonable. Then it’s tempting to take a cheaper type. Note, however, that a crane is very durable. Once you have purchased one and installed, you will not buy a new one like it again. Plus you will be really expensive. A crane is really a product that has to be right the first time. within this framework is to look around smart before making a choice. Well-known brands include Grohe Franke, Dombracht, Hansgrohe, Boretti, Dekorado, Doeco, Kludi and Venlo.
Orders can be good on the internet, where you have more and more sellers of cranes. There is, in this case, however, a lot to say suppliers of kitchen and/or plumbing to see the cranes in real life and, if possible, to try. Then you can develop a better idea of what you like and what type of faucet you well in your hand.
- Interior kitchen
- Decorating the home