Gingerbread is an absolute must in the time around Christmas – traditional and timeless, simply a classic! With these gingerbread muffins you can delight yourself and your guests as they offer an exceptional taste experience and an alternative to normal gingerbread.
Yesterday we were still in the sun and today we are already in the middle of the pre-Christmas season! Time is running and with it, our hot hunger for sweet things is on the rise . With this recipe for gingerbread muffins, presented by aurora and fem.com, you can easily enjoy the unique gingerbread decorations of the Advent season in a new way following Aceinland.
Ingredients For Baking The Muffins
50 g soft butter
1/2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
2 teaspoons honey
2 eggs (size M)
100 ml milk
65 g brown sugar
180 g spelled flour Type 1050
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
30 ml cream
1 tsp liquid honey
30 g dark chocolate couverture
40 g whole milk couverture
60 g white couverture
Preparation Of Christmas Baking
1. First heat the oven.
2. For the muffins, beat the butter together with the gingerbread spice and honey to a creamy mass. Separate the eggs and gradually stir the yolks. Add the milk. Now beat the egg whites with the brown sugar.
3. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, soda and baking powder together in a bowl. Bring egg whites and flour mixture alternately under the butter-yolk mixture.
4. Prepare the muffin sheet, ie, either place the hollows grease or muffin molds into the holes provided for this purpose. Now fill the troughs 2/3 with the dough. Bake in the preheated oven on a medium rail for about 25 minutes. Shortly before the end of the baking time make a rod test. If no more dough remains, remove the gingerbread muffins from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the glaze, boil the cream with the honey. Finely chop and add the whole milk couverture. Stir until a homogeneous mass is formed. Let it cool and decorate the gingerbread muffins.
6. Thoroughly chop the white couverture, melt about half over a hot water bath. Add the melted couverture to the remaining half. Stir until a thick, approximately uniform mass is formed. Brush these on a piece of baking paper and allow them to cool in the refrigerator. Prick out stars with a cookie cutter. Decorate the gingerbread muffins with a star and dust with some cocoa powder.