There are several things to consider when buying a camping tent. There are shops for all uses (Camping, Trekking, Cycling, high mountain) and various sizes (from 2 to 8 people). Normally, it is preferable sleep tight saddled with too much weight. We explain the different ways there are to classify and differentiate the tents.
According to its form
· Stores Canadian campaign: The Canadian camping tents are the most characteristic type, the typical triangular shops campaign. Its main drawback is that the tent roof is secured with a stick that goes inside the tent, in the rear. Such a stick can often disturbing when placing a mattress and kids can throw if they pass away. In addition, it is not optimized all the space that could be inside the store.
- Tents igloo: The Igloo camping tents are the most used type. Instead of securing a post as Canadians, the Igloo stores have a system of flexible rods crisscrossing that shape tortoiseshell, hence its name. Within the category there is a variant called Igloo stores Pop’up , as are shops camping that open themselves to throw them into the air. Pop’up tents are very practical, light and easy to transport, ideal for a couple ‘s getaway.
- Tents Pavilion: The Pavilion tents camping type have a stronger and more resilient structure, but with a more permanent basis. It is the typical military base camp store.
- Family tents: These camping tents are a hybrid between igloo tents and pavilion, still very high and rugged stores that fit several rooms and compartments so that the whole family can enjoy camping.
According to its use or time of year
· Tents 2 stations: The camping tents 2 stations are ideal for summer temperatures. Its interior material is very thin and breathable fabric, and can not accumulate too much heat inside the store, but also offers a good impermeability facing summer storms.
- Tents 3 seasons: These camping tents are ideal for late spring, summer and early autumn. They endure a little lower temperatures and impermeability is greater than camping stores two seasons.
- Tents 4 seasons or high mountain: The camping tents 4 seasons, or high mountain, are more resilient and resistant fabric wind and rain. Usually Igloo type and have a greater number of rods stores 3 stations to offer superior wind resistance. Watch out! The stores keep the wind and rain, but not cold. It is important to choose a sleeping bag that fits our needs.
Depending on their size
Normally, it is preferable sleep tight saddled with too much weight. Our tents are classified according to the number of persons accommodated inside. The calculation of the number of people up to 50cm wide by people. Therefore, in a camping tent for 4 people fit really 3 comfortably, leaving room to leave the three backpacks. Our tents are classified as follows.
- Tents for 2 people
· Tents for 3 persons
· Tents for 4 persons
· Tents for 5 or more
Sometimes it might be needed for large tents or family tents . Usually common in camping with friends, family or in large camps with hikers, escorts, sherpas or boys scouts.
Other important features
Once we know what kind of store we want, what time of year and how much capacity there are a couple of additional features that should be controlled:
Weight: In many cases, especially if one goes climbing or cycling, the weight of the tent takes great importance. In such cases, there are shops and ultralight camping bags such as shopping excursion , Bike and pop up , or sacks Microlight or Light sac , which neither 1kg weight.
The material: There are mainly two types of materials they are made of tent canvas camping: Cotton and Nylon. Cotton has breathability while nylon is more resistant.
Impermeability: It is what will protect us from the weather. The unit of measurement for impermeability usually expressed in cubic cm of water. To measure the impermeability of a tent camp, water collects in a sealed with the tent canvas tube and the amount of water that can accumulate before the tissue begins to lose its impermeability is measured. That is, if a store has 5,000 cubic mm of water column, means that it takes 5cm2 of water in the tube in contact with the tent flap to the water begins to seep canvas.
Accessories Store : When buying your tent remember to check that you have all the accessories. In addition to the ground, tent and flysheet, make sure you have all pickaxes, wind, harness, and other accessories necessary to assemble and anchor the store. They can also be very useful other accessories such as the mosquito net, a lantern, a wardrobe, etc …