Factor Value 5
The cultured pearls are organic, so it’s not surprising that they present characteristics of the surface and can be of very different kinds:
– Abrasions: A series of scratches on the surface of a pearl resulting from damage.
– Prominence: A lump, a bubble or a streak, generally very small in size.
– Spalling: a recess or an opening on the surface of the pearl.
– Split: a crack that reaches the surface or a fracture of the nacre, or a break or fracture in the nucleus.
– Flat Area: a flattened area on the surface of a perladi usually limited to influence the basic form.
– Empty: a zone in which the nacre has not covered the spherical core.
– Recess: a small notch or depression on the surface.
– Scratching: Thin groove or depression on the surface.
– Spot: Zone of nacre lighter, darker or duller than the surrounding area.
– Ripple: a major row or irregular wrinkle on the surface. (more…)